Using non-allocated frequencies with a repeater:
The user needs to have the serial connection to a PC with the HGPS configuration tool installed. The transmit and receive frequencies are setup using this software tool.
The user must connect the serial connection cable 051-0343-000# to the repeater power cable. Next establish communication through a serial to USB connection on a PC using the HGPS repeater configuration tool. Go to the dealer menu tab:
1. Type atp0? <enter> (The command is a zero)
2. The response will be the channels with the assigned frequencies and the direction transmit / receive or both.
3. To add frequencies in the main window:
type atp0= <enter>
4. type deal%er <enter>
5. The program will ask you to add a new channel i.e.
type 13 <enter>
type frequency in 9 digits i.e. 440287500 <enter>
type bandwidth 2 <enter>
type direction of travel 2 <enter>
6. Keep adding additional channels or hit <esc> key to quit
7. Type at&w <enter> this will save the information to the repeater
8. Type atp0? this should respond with the available channels
9.Go back to the "Configure" tab and select the channels for transmitting and receiving.