The purpose of this procedure is to clear the internal flash memory, job data, and reset the console to factory defaults. Perform an Erase Flash Procedure anytime an unexpected guidance or GPS behavior occurs. Here are some examples of what can happen:
- GPS issues- Screen will go between "Warming up..." and "Ready" frequently.
- Light bar guides erratically- Tries to guide you several passes over to the left or right, not the one you are currently on.
- Will not save the swath width you have entered.
Erasing the Flash Memory in the S2/S-Lite Console
- Disconnect the antenna input from the side of console.
- Press “Stop Guidance”, then “Enter” quickly one after another- This may take several attempts.
- A menu will appear: “BD Menu – Keyboard Test”.
- Use the down arrow until the cursor points to “Erase Flash”.
- Press “Enter”- The console will display “Erasing Flash”.
- The console will count down from 20 and the LED’s will cycle through once.
- Press “Menu”, scroll down to “Service Menu”, then press “Enter”.
- Scroll down to “Reset Defaults”, and then press “Enter”.
- Menu will display “Reset Defaults – Press Enter to Reset”-
- Press “Enter” and menu will display “Resetting Defaults”.
- Press “Menu” button two times will return you to home screen.
- Reattach the antenna.
- User must re-enter Swath width. Press "Menu", scroll down to "Swath Width" then press "Enter".
S2 Users with eDrive: This procedure defaults “Auto-Engage” to OFF. To change this press Menu-> Service Menu-> eDrive Setup
S2 Users with eDriveTC: This procedure defaults “Tilt Compensation to OFF. To change this press Menu-> Service Menu-> eDrive Setup
If you are still having issues with the S-Lite, see this article: Configuring S-Lite Satellite