Installation Instructions for AC110 v2.5
IMPORTANT: If the lightbar and/or the switchbox are installed, disconnect the cable to the lightbar and switchbox prior to completing the installation steps below. After you install the AC110 software reconnect the cabling.
1. Download the AC110_2.5.0b01_140318 software from the Outback Guidance website and save it to your computer.
2. Double click the AC110_2.5.0b01_140318 file to unzip the software.
3. Create a folder named “AC110” on a USB drive then copy the b0225001.210 and b0225001.210.MD5 files that were unzipped in step 2 to the AC110 folder.
4. Power up the Outback MAX terminal and the AC110 ECU then insert the USB drive in either of the USB ports on the MAX terminal.
5. On the MAX terminal, press Menu > Diagnostics > Rate Section Diagnostics ( The Rebels button will say AC110 Diagnostics ). The current version is displayed in the Version field.
6. Press Boot Loader. In the Bootloader window that appears press Yes to begin installing version 2.5.0 build 1. A progress window appears showing the status of the update. Do not remove the USB drive or power the terminal or ECU off during this time. Estimated Install Time: 5 min
7. Once the installation of the AC110 firmware is complete the message at right appears. Press Ok.
8. To verify the new software version, cycle the power on the AC110 then in the MAX terminal press Menu > Diagnostics > Rate Section Diagnostics ( The Rebels button will say AC110 Diagnostics ). The version is displayed in the Version field.
IMPORTANT: Always make sure the Outback MAX terminal is completely powered up (at least until you see the Warning screen shown at right) before powering up the AC110. You will then need to perform a calibration—refer to the topic on calibrating rate control in the Help on your Outback MAX terminal for more information.