The purpose of this procedure is to clear the internal flash memory, job data, and reset the console to factory defaults. Perform an Erase Flash Procedure anytime an unexpected guidance or GPS behavior occurs. Here are some examples of what can happen:
- GPS issues- Screen will go between "Warming up..." and "Ready" frequently.
- Light bar guides erratically- Tries to guide you several passes over to the left or right, not the one you are currently on.
- Will not save the swath width you have entered.
Erasing the Flash Memory in the S2/S-Lite Console:
Before proceeding with an erase flash procedure, please be sure to document all settings such as swath width and custom NMEA settings as you will be returning the console to its factory default settings. You may re-enter your settings at the end of this procedure.
- Disconnect the antenna input from the side of console.
- Press “Stop Guidance” and then “Enter” quickly one after another- This may take several attempts.
- A menu will appear: “BD Menu – Keyboard Test”.
- Use the down arrow until the cursor points to “Erase Flash”.
- Press “Enter”- The console will display “Erasing Flash” and it will count down from 20 and the LED’s will cycle through once.
- Turn off the unit, re-attach the antenna, and power the unit back on
- Press “Menu”, scroll down to “Service Menu”, then press “Enter”.
- Scroll down to “Reset Defaults”, and then press “Enter” again.
- The Menu will display “Reset Defaults – Press Enter to Reset”-
- Press “Enter” and the console will now go back to the default settings.
- Now Press the “Menu” button two times and it will return you to home screen.
- You may now re-enter your swath width and any custom settings you may have had.
S2 Users with eDrive: This procedure defaults “Auto-Engage” to "OFF". To change this press Menu-> Service Menu-> eDrive Setup
S2 Users with eDriveTC: This procedure defaults “Tilt Compensation" to "OFF". To change this press Menu-> Service Menu-> eDrive Setup
If you are still having issues with the S-Lite, see this article: Configuring S-Lite Satellite