Auto-Engage is an eDriveXD feature that works with all guidance modes with the following requirements/conditions:
• For hydraulic valve type vehicles only.
• Can be used only when the vehicle is inside an Include boundary.
• Selecting (enabling) Auto-Engage deactivates Shuttle Shift.
• To use Auto-Engage, you must first manually engage on a guideline.
• Disengage by either steering off the guideline or by stopping (do not press the engage button when it is green to disengage).
• After disengaging, Auto-Engage is activated and the engage button flashes between blue and green. You have 45 seconds to meet all autosteering criteria. If all engage parameters are met, REBEL automatically engages on the guideline; otherwise, if all engage parameters are not met within 45 seconds, Auto-Engage is deactivated.
eDriveXC includes a similar but more automated feature called eTurns that enables REBEL to perform automated turns onto the next guideline—see Calibrating eTurns for more information.
Note: The procedure below shows how to use Auto-Engage (illustrating how the engage button changes at different steps) under the following scenario: a job is loaded, you are inside the boundary, and you will create an A=B path.
To use Auto-Engage:
1. Press Menu > Settings > eDriveX Settings to display the eDriveX Settings panel (only one button is available).
2. Press Engage Method then select Auto-Engage. An 'A' (with arrows) appears above the wheel icon on the engage button. If a job is active, the engage button is enabled.
3. Create a path (A=B below). With engage criteria met, the engage button is in a state of 'ready to engage' (red X no longer appears on the button).
Press the engage button to manually engage on the guideline (engage button with the 'A' turns green).
The example below shows several swaths already driven.
4. Upon disengaging from the guideline (such as by steering off the guideline to make a turn and drive the next guideline), the engage button flashes between blue and green (not all criteria are met). You have 45 seconds to meet all criteria—during this time the engage button flashes between the following states. If 45 seconds passes, you will have to manually engage on the line.
Once engaged on the guideline, the engage button remains green (as above left).
Note: If you drive outside the Include boundary, Auto-Engage is deactivated (the 'A' disappears from the engage button) even if you are still engaged on the guideline (engage button still green). Once you are back inside the Include boundary, Auto-Engage is re-activated.
5. Repeat step 4 as needed (such as for each swath).