Before you can use your implement for non-spreading operations, you must configure and calibrate it for rate control via the Rate Control Settings panel (Menu > Implement Profiles > New Implement Profile > Rate Control Settings, or Menu > Implement Profiles > Current Implement > Rate Control Settings). The table below describes the buttons on this panel and subsequent related panels.
|Controller Type||Press to display the Select Controller Type panel, then press either button to set the type:
• AC110 - displays the full set of buttons on the Rate Control Settings panel and rate control indicators/buttons on the map.
• None (default) - disables all rate controller panels and buttons in REBEL (select this option if you are not using rate control).
|Remote Master||If your REBEL installation includes the optional switchbox and it is connected to the terminal, the Remote Master check box is enabled; otherwise, it is disabled. With the optional switchbox connected and the Apply switch (leftmost switch) on the switchbox set to ON, selecting the Remote Master check box enables you to use the vehicle joystick's master switch to turn Apply on or off.
Note: Implementation is dependent on your vehicle installation kit.
|Rate Valve||Displays the Valve Type panel. Options are:
• Motorized Direct Two-wire electric motor opens/closes the flow control valve to increase/decrease the application flow rate.
• Motorized Inverse Two-wire electric motor opens/closes the flow control valve to inversely decrease/increase the application flow rate.
• PWM Electrohydraulic solenoid valve proportionally increases application flow rate with increased duty cycle (voltage).
• PWM Ground Electrohydraulic solenoid valve proportionally decreases application flow rate with increased duty cycle (voltage).
• PWM 2 Similar to PWM but with a slower algorithm; use when rate control is too unstable when using PWM.
• PWM 2 Ground Similar to PWM Ground but with a slower algorithm; use when rate control is too unstable when using PWM Ground.
• Positive Close (On or Off) Select Yes for installations where the rate control valve is also used to stop and start product application, for example when no boom On/Off or section valves are present.
|Open Valve and Close Valve||Useful in manually opening and closing the regulating valve to identify if you selected an incorrect Rate Valve option or if a cable is not connected.|
Press to display the Rate Control Parameters panel, from which you set the following (descriptions start in the next row of this table):
On Look Ahead
Displays the LowFlow Setting data entry window.
Without a LowFlow setting the tips on your sprayer may shut off when flow drops below a certain rate (such as due to a drop in vehicle speed when traveling through a rough spot in the field). The LowFlow value you enter is the flow rate above which REBEL will continue to spray (apply product) and not close the regulating value completely and will maintain a minimum flow independent of speed and number of sections closed.
If a low flow condition occurs during runtime, a red exclamation point appears on the Actual Rate section of the rate control tab.
Valve Advance (applies to PWM and motorized valves only)
For PWM and motorized valves you can enter a value to increase the valve position when coming out of headlands. For example, if spray comes on and briefly turns off when coming out of a headland (due to the boom having to recharge) you can enter a Valve Advance value to compensate for this.
The range of Valve Advance values is 0 – 20 for PWM and Servo/motorized valves, where:
• For PWM, 0 – 20 equals 0 – 30% increase from valve’s current position
When you are no longer applying product (Apply button displays Off):
• For PWM, the system increases the valve's position by the % you entered
Displays the Calibrate Rate Control panel, from which you set calibration values (Meter Calibration, Pressure 1 Calibration, Pressure 2 Calibration), perform a system calibration, and view/edit calibration values (descriptions start in the next row of this table).
After you enter a Meter Calibration value, the System Calibration button on the Calibrate Rate Control panel is enabled.
Pressure1 Calibration and Pressure2 Calibration
There are two pressure calibration settings (Pressure 1 and Pressure 2). Use the following procedure for each setting.
If no manual gauge is available, use the flow rate (on the Rate Section Control Diagnostics screen) to calculate a pressure based on your spray tip orifice size.
Caution: The values on this panel are set during the calibration process. Outback recommends that you contact Outback Customer Service or your local dealer before changing any of these values.
Press to the display the Calibration Values panel. To edit any of the following values, press a button to display a keypad, enter a new value, then press Done.
|NH3||Displays a drop-down list of two options: On and Off.
• Set to On for NH3 (anhydrous ammonia) control. Rate will be in lbs. nitrogen/acre (US) or kgs nitrogen/hectare (metric). Volume remaining in tank will be lbs. or kgs of NH3.
• Set to Off to set any other liquid as the application liquid.